A funny thing happened on the way to Destin..... we went to Pensacola Beach instead.
It's good to be in a snug little marina! Outside, at this very moment a near-gale is blowing, and I have just finished adjusting dock lines and adding a couple backup lines. Low tide will arrive in a few hours and I will go out for another inspection then. After all, I wouldn't want the boat just hanging from the cleats! The wind is blowing from the stern and even in this shallow, little bay the waves hitting the transom create a slow drum roll inside. I watch the catamaran anchored 200 yards out and calulate that with the current wind direction he won't hit us if his anchor drags. Straining at the lines our boat shudders frequently in the gusts. The new Fortress anchor, a backup mounted on the bow rail, has added a new sound - a slightly musical sound like a wind chime.
We spent the morning walking the beach, the afternoon reading, De Anne made my favorite chicken casserole for dinner, and an evening with Mother Nature providing entertainment. What more could I want?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds totally awesome! Enjoy all these moments to the fullest!
Post a Comment