We had planned to buddy-boat with Larry and Linda on a little tour of the Keys this week. Unfortunately, the Fates charged with preventing our leaving Boot Key harbor for the Bahamas also cover the Keys.
We were at the Hurricane (a local watering-hole) watching the Colts game with Des and Betty and enjoying a pizza when De Anne heard a strange little clatter on the floor. She looked at the floor then at me and said "what was that?". I calmly asked her to please pick up my front tooth. De Anne, Des, and Betty were able to finish the pizza without the assistance of my considerable pizza eating talents.
A Jets fan, sitting behind us, had asked De Anne just before the game if I would get violent during the game. A missing front tooth did not make me any less scary looking.
Since the dental clinic works on a sliding scale I forlornly await my W-2 so I may prove I am a poor retiree and get a better rate. The Treasurer's Office fiddles while I unwittingly frighten people on the streets of Marathon.
Still trapped in paradise.....
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds to me like a BIG sign from somewhere!! That velcro is nasty, isn't it? We love having you in Boot Key Harbor!!!
So that explains it! The kids came running to me quite frightened after they saw you on the dock. I told them that we don't point and stare like that at people, but since you put this in print.....
Hope it didn't hurt too much!
The crew of Kittywake
Post a Comment