Monday, January 11, 2010

Hotel Califorina

(with apologies to the Eagles) "You can check-in, but you can never check-out". That's how Marathon feels. We have heard from several here, "I came here for a month, and that was five years ago". I just paid for another month. We now intend to stay until Tristan graduates from Navy OCS in March, then perhaps another stab at going to the Bahamas.

Since we are in the warmest spot in the US, east of the Mississippi, I know I won't get much sympathy from friends and family; but it's cold here! Last night it got down to 39 and may not even hit 60 this afternoon. All you dirty old men (like me) reading this can count on not seeing any bikini pictures any time soon.

We did play tourist last week with a trip to Crane Point Nature Preserve. It was recommended by fellow cruisers Andy and Dinata who also volunteer at Crane Point. The first picture shows Dinata in the blue jacket exiting the cart with Andy at the wheel. The second picture looks out from the nature preserve on Florida Bay.



Random musings - Study this picture:

Live bait is sold in the middle shop, Sushi on the right, and pizza on the left. I wonder if there is symbiotic relationship between shops?

A few more musings:
De Anne is pictured on another blog (the 01-08-2010 entry). Note she is wearing her yellow LMSA tee shirt. http://kittywake.us/

We have moved to a more desirable mooring. We are now next to the main channel - on the left, four rows up from the Tiki Hut as seen from the Boot Key cam - http://www.ci.marathon.fl.us/index.aspx?NID=600

1 comment:

capndeb said...

For 'Free N Clear', it has been 4 years and 1 month...

Just wish it would warm up!