Tropical Storm Bonnie hit us Friday. After her passage I have been wandering the streets looking for FEMA.
Nobody cares about us survivors! The President has not even done a fly over. I can't find any free trailers, food, or water. To add insult to injury no one is even giving us free ice! How can I enjoy a G&T if I have to spend two dollars of my own money for a bag of ice?
Several hours of 40 mph winds and 18 inch waves and I can't find a shrink or even a social worker anywhere to discuss my feelings.
OK, perhaps I am being politically incorrect, and maybe karma will get me for it, but - gosh it was fun to dodge at least one of Mother Nature's bullets!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like this post!!!
I like the post, too! He tells it like it is!
Hi Merrick and Deanne! We were glued to the Marathon Web Cam all Friday morning waiting for those 55 mph gusting winds. Hmm....after about 3 hours of 6-10mph breezes I realized that we had dodged it and the boat was doing nothing spectacular to write about. Then I remembered where you guys were located and wondered????
Glad to hear you're only slightly deprived!
Kittywake crew (living the easy life in South Carolina)
Hi, Y'all. Are you prepared for "Colin?" Batten her down - don't want any "Colin-oscopies!"
Skip & Caroline
Post a Comment