Last weekend we visited my Aunt and Uncle again and cousins Tom and Bob came by Sunday for a great visit.
Tom, me and Bob:
We have been busy prepping the boat for the resumption of cruising at the end of October. I have also helped Bob (across the dock from us) on Curmudgon, a 41 foot motor boat, set up a new PC as a chartplotter.
Last night I got word that a former high school girlfriend passed away last weekend. I met Liz Dahl my freshman year of high school and we went out on exactly one date each year of high school - the last at the Senior Prom in 1970. Between each annual date we were good friends.
She went to work for Stokley Van-Camp and in 1972 recommended me for an entry-level position. After I moved a few rungs up the corporate ladder she was my secretary - back in the days of shorthand and typewriters and carbon paper. I have only talked to her a couple times in the past 30 years, but her death triggered a stream of memories of a cheerful, outgoing friend.
Life is what happens while you are making plans.
Liz, the head majorette at Shortridge:
1 comment:
This is a gentle reminder that life is too short!
Post a Comment