Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday the 13th

We sold Rising Star today. Jim, her new owner (and long time blog follower) is taking her to Marathon, so I want to warn our friends there not to dingy up, knock on the hull and call out for De Anne or me.

The kitty needs to be fed - Soooo......Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work I go.

I'll start a new blog when I retire again.

Jim and De Anne during the trial sail:

6 comments:

capndeb said...

Oh No!
or
Oh Yeah!
Happy and sad day for the both of you. You will (and all your antics) be missed!
Keep the blog going and keep us all informed, in touch.

Skip Luke said...

As they say, the two happiest days of your life are: 1. The day you bought your dreamboat; 2. The day you finally sold that boat.

We were kinda hoping you'd get to the Bahamas as our "proxies" since it looks like we may not get there now. At least Caroline has been surfing the net looking at boats again. Who knows? When we do get another boat, it most likely will be up in Puget Sound again.

Keep in touch,
Skip & Caroline

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted, our friends. Best of luck to you both. Our thoughts and prayers are always with both of you!

Unknown said...

Hi De Anne and Merrick,
Thomas and I have been following your blog since we left Coconut Grove. The two of you made our stay there so enjoyable. We still talk to our friends about the dingy cocktail party...such fun. I know you were looking forward to selling the boat and beginning a new adventure so we are happy for you. If you ever get the urge to sail for a weekend or a week please visit us in St. Petersburg. Our boat and our home are always open to friends.
Regards,

Thomas and Debbie
thomashbrown@hotmail.com

Bill Tomlinson, Dir of Sales and Mktg. said...

I have your blog listed on our "BLOG LINKS" at electricyacht.com.
I have been following your entertaining (and EY endorsing) blog and I am sad it will be ending. If you don't mind, I'll keep it up for a while longer.
When you are back in the market again, note that it is pretty easy to strike a good price on a boat with a dead diesel, and you know the best and most cost effective way to re-power it.
Hopefully new owner Jim will get in touch with us, and continue blogging.
bill@electricyacht.com

Jay Uler said...

Best of luck to both of you, it was fun following you exciting journey since the time we spent together at Turner's Marina in Mobile!
Happy Thanksgiving!