Saturday, May 15, 2010

Catch-up

I have been remiss in posting to the blog so this effort will be an attempt at a quick catch-up.

Our repairs continue. The mainsail has been repaired and the refrigeration unit should arrive back from the California plant next week. We buy a bag of ice every day - very low tech but effective.

As mentioned in an earlier blog we put the boat on the market having tired of multiple repairs every time we moved a few miles, so far no nibbles and no other plans.

I had a small health scare this week, but apparently will live to do more boat repairs.

Linda and Larry caught up with us last weekend and we played tourist in the big city with a trip to town last Saturday. They left Monday and are working their way up the coast slowly. Larry's rule is to anchor by 2:00 PM. A good rule that I may adopt.

We have made 2 trips to South Beach in tha past 2 weeks. De Anne likes the sand, sun, and clear water. I enjoy watching the wildlife. On South Beach it seems thongs are required and tops are not.
Heading to the beach at Surfside:
A model shoot on South beach:
De Anne walking the surf:
South beach 100 yards "inland":

1 comment:

Skip Luke said...

South Beach? Topless? Post more pictures!!

Skip