Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pirates galore

Community is one of the reasons Marathon is a great cruiser hangout. Today Linda and Larry organized a pirate treasure hunt, starting in the harbor and ending on land.

We scurried down the front dingy dock at one o'clock with instructions in hand. De Anne at the outboard yelling "Which way do I go?" and I with instructions and a GPS pointing and trying to sound like I knew what I was doing. Not everyone was going in the same direction and De Anne, suspicious of my directional capabilities, kept referring me visually to others and their wanderings.

I kept up a brave front and insisted my navigation instructions be followed. After several way points we were required to raise the motor and paddle. My intellect was no longer challenged - just brute strength. It was touch and go; however, we reached the inner dinghy dock before my impending coronary infarction. Ha! Larry's fiendish plot to do away with me and get my electric motor failed!

Following the land-based instructions, I was first to count off the paces and dive into the mangrove swamp. Unfortunantely, I did not find the treasure chest first. Fortunately, the Englishman who won, shared the booty - which you can see in the pictures below disappeared rapidly.
The Winners:
Pirates into the booty:
Captain Morgan (aka Larry) discussing dispursal of the booty:

No comments: